Saipan is a beautiful island located in the South Pacific known as the “Island of Dreams”. This island has something for everyone – from its pristine beaches and crystal clear waters to its lush jungles and volcanic landscape. There are also many historical and cultural sites on Saipan to see and learn. Saipan is the perfect destination, whether you are looking for a relaxing vacation or an adventure-filled trip.
What is Saipan and why should you visit it?
Saipan is a popular tourist destination in the Northern Mariana Islands and is easily accessible from other parts of the world. The island has its airport, Saipan International Airport (SPN), which offers direct flights from several destinations, including Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, the Philippines and Guam. Visitors can also travel to Saipan from Honolulu, Hawaii (HNL), in Guam.
There are many reasons to visit Saipan, including its beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters. The island is also home to several historical and cultural sites and a variety of activities such as swimming, snorkeling, diving, hiking and kayaking.
One of Saipan’s most popular tourist attractions is Snake Island, which is off-limits to visitors due to its poisonous snakes. However, there are several other “secret” islands worth exploring, including Managaha Island, Bird Island, and Cave Cave.
For those interested in the beach, Saipan’s beaches are some of the best in the world. Garapan Beach is a popular choice for swimming and sunbathing, while Micro Beach is perfect for snorkeling and diving. For a more secluded experience, tourists can visit Taga Beach or Tanapag Beach.
The best things to do on the island – from swimming and sunbathing to hiking and exploring
There is no shortage of things to do in Saipan. Visitors can swim, sunbathe and snorkel at some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Several hiking trails lead through the lush jungles and volcanic landscape. History buffs can explore the many historical and cultural sites on the island. And, of course, no visit to Saipan would be complete without a trip to Snake Island. This small island is home to several poisonous snakes, which are off-limits to visitors.
So what is Saipan? It is a small island in the western Pacific Ocean, which is part of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. The island is approximately 14 miles long and 5 miles wideand it is located about 1,500 miles southeast of Tokyo. Saipan has about 50,000 inhabitants and the official languages are English and Chamorro.
Why visit Saipan? The answer is simple: it’s an absolutely beautiful place with something for everyone.
Where to Stay in Saipan – From Budget Hostels to Luxury Resorts
There are various places to stay in Saipan, from budget hostels to luxury resorts. On this page, travelers will find a list of some of the best accommodation options on the island:
- The Fiesta Resort & Spa – This resort offers luxurious rooms and a host of amenities, including a spa, multiple restaurants, and a private beach.
- The Beach Club Saipan – This resort is located on a beautiful stretch of beach. It includes a water park, tennis court and spa, among other attractions.
- The Hyatt Regency Saipan – This luxurious hotel is located on the beachfront and offers stunning ocean views. It also has a variety of amenities, including several restaurants, a spa, and an outdoor pool.
- The Saipan Grand Hotel – This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Saipan and offers easy access to all of the city’s attractions. Swimming pool, cafe and fitness center are just a few facilities available.
- The Pacifica Resort – This resort is located on the northern end of the island and offers stunning ocean views. There is a golf course, a spa and a swimming pool.
Saipan’s Culture and Food – A Few Dishes Travelers Must Try!
Saipan is known for its unique culture and delicious cuisine. Some of the dishes travelers must try include:
- Chamorro Barbecue: This is a popular type of barbecue in Saipan and includes pork or chicken cooked over an open flame.
- Red rice: This is a type of rice cooked with tomatoes, garlic and onions. It is often served with grilled meats.
- Chicken kelaguen: This dish is made with shredded chicken, lime juice, chili peppers and coconut milk. It is usually served over rice.
These are just a few of the many reasons why Saipan is a great place to visit. Whether one is looking for a relaxing beach vacation or an adventure-filled trip, Saipan has something to offer everyone.
Located in the beautiful South Pacific and known as the “Island of Dreams”, Saipan has something for everyone. Its pristine beaches and crystal clear waters make it a paradise for swimming, snorkeling, diving and kayaking. Exploring the island’s lush woods and volcanic landscape is a great way to get some exercise and feel the place. And don’t forget to visit some of the historical and cultural sites – there’s a lot to see and learn about Saipan.
Here’s how to travel while working full-time